Wednesday, October 29, 2008

You Might Be a Redneck If.......


You might be a redneck if your Halloween pumpkin is held together with duck tape and toothpicks! Last week we had a Dad and Daughter pumpkin carving night at our house for Young Women’s. Emily’s dad couldn’t come so Timmy took over. What a mistake! He jumped right in carving with an eight inch hunting knife. From that moment on I knew it was going to be bad. Emily took it all in stride and seemed to have a great time. In fact everyone had a great time. We topped off the evening off with prizes, photos, chili and brownies. It is always a blessing to see the young women interacting with their dads. The night turned out to be Terror-ific!

3 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

That is such a fun idea. Cute pictures.

Emily said...

Your pumpkins look great! Ok, the one with the duct tape did Tim do that one? If so, I want him to check out my Halloween post from last year! I did the same pumpkin! However, I didn't need the tooth picks or tape. Now we know who could win in a pumpkin carving contest right Tim?! I also remember him carving a pumpkin at my house using a hunting knife as well.

Eardley Adventures said...

You got it Emily! That is Tim and Emily Smith's (one of the Young Women who didn't have a dad for the night) pumpkin. Tim did most of it with his hunting knife. He hasn't changed much in all those years!il