Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catching a New Wave


2 new blogs in one day. Can you believe it.

As far as the blogging goes, I am catching a new wave. (The reason for the photos!)This photo was taken on the beach at Trujillo, Peru. I flew down to Peru to bring Tim home from his mission. It was such a great time. I got to meet people Tim taught and worked with day after day. It was a moving experience to have so many people tell me how “my son” changed their lives. Most of the people could not speak any English and I can’t speak much Spanish. Tim translated but the Spirit truly spoke to our hearts and our feelings were shared. We traveled all through the mission and met some very wonderful people. One highlight of the trip was to me Emily. She is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. I would like to bring her home. Tim and I traveled with the Merkley family. They are from Green River, WY. After touring Tim’s mission we took a side trip to Machu Picchu. It was just as amazing the second time around. On this trip I decided to climb Wyna Picchu. That is the large mountain you see behind Machu Picchu in all of the famous photographs. It was spectacular. Best of all, I got to spend so much time with Tim. It was so good to see him after being gone for 2 years. What a blessed family we are.
The photos are: Tim and Trica on the beach in Trujillo, Peru, Trica eating a traditional late night snack, Trica at the top of Wyna Picchu, Tim being sacrificed on an Inca alter, and my favorite picture of Tim in the Andes.

No comments: