Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Boo" from the Eardley Crew



Kaycee (Jeremy’s wife) has started a new tradition with the Eardley family, She does a fantastic job of throwing a Halloween pumpkin carving party for all of us. I use to hate carving pumpkins because I always make the same stupid pumpkin face. Then she taught me you could make really “cool” pumpkins if you used a pattern. A pattern, who would have thought? I didn’t even know that pumpkin carving patterns existed. Now I love carving pumpkins. Most of all I love growing them in the garden to use for the party. This year I searched the net to find the perfect pumpkin pattern. I found a witch I loved and my holiday was complete.
Although I loved carving the pumpkin the very best part of the night is seeing the joy in the little kid’s eyes and hearing their laughter as they work on their own pumpkins. I is certainly a family affair. We all come. Kaycee cooks good food (Stuffed mushrooms, potato soup, pigs in a blanket and other Halloweenish, Fallish, types of food), Matt growls with the kids (Watch the video, you will laugh out loud), and we all have a great time together.
Thanks Kaycee. It was a “Spook” tacular night.

1 comment:

Leacayoungart said...

That is such a fun family tradition. We are going to carve tonight. Wish us luck.