Saturday, October 4, 2008

Run Trica Run, See Trica Run


I’m back! It is time to get going again on this blog thing. I have seen some really great ones and Leaca puts me to shame. I’ll never be that good but I know that I had better give it a try. So I am running a new race, just working on the training, and getting in shape to blog, blog, blog.
This photo was taken just after I finished my first ½ marathon. Yikes! Someone slap me if I ever decide to run a full marathon. Matt came down with me to Provo, UT for the race. It was insane. There were 2500 runners in the competition. We had to load up on busses at 4:30 AM on Saturday, August 9, 2008. I knew I was insane when I was out of bed that early. When we reached the start line we waited for it to get light enough to see. Then a guy just shot off a gun and …….off I went. This was a huge goal of mine. For some reason, I’m not sure why, I just wanted to do this. Through the miles of training I just kept repeating our family motto, “Enjoy the Journey”. And “Enjoy the Journey” I did. I know it sounds crazy but I actually looked forward to my long Saturday morning runs when Matt would drop me off up in the mountains 10 or so miles from home and I would just run, and run, and run, and run and run and run. I felt wonderful and free. Call me crazy (most people in my family do) but it was an incredible journey. I still can’t believe I finished in under my goal time of 2 hours. Better yet, I still can’t believe I finished! I am stronger, more confident, and a better person for the experience. I am also missing 2 toenails. I would show you a picture of that, but it would be gross! Losing my toenails was a small price to pay for how wonderful it felt to cross the finish line. Even better than that was that when I came to the finish line, I could see and hear Matt cheering for me. With tears in both ours eyes (mine because I hurt so bad) I again realized how blessed I am to have someone to support me in my crazy life. I couldn’t have done this without my wonderful Matt.

7 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

Good for you! I can't even imagine running that far.

When I am cheering for Kel I have been known to tell her to pick it up, she tells me later to run that race and then tell her to pick it up. lol. So now I just cheer because an ambulance would have to haul me away if I ran. =)

P.S. I do not scrapbook just blog. I bet you have books and books of the boys. I am going to bind my blog in a blurb book.

My mom and dad have started a blog too. I wished more family members would do one.

Emily said...

WOW! I am very, very impressed! Running a marathon is not really a goal of mine. However, I have thought about it. Does that mean I need slapped? I guess we will see. As of right now, I think that one is going to be put on the back burner! I hope school is going great for you.

Emily said...

Oh, and by the way, your video cracked me up. I can totally see you doing that. I am not so sure about Matt on the other hand....?

Holly said...

Hey! Congratulations on running!! That is so hard yet so rewarding.. This is Holly (Buckner) Hammer by the way.

Emily said...

Ok, to tell you the truth Kim Hutchinson-Manor does my background because she likes to. But, I do know how you can get one. Go to http://thecutestblogontheblock.com, and click "backgrounds" under "links" on the left hand side. Then, on the right side there is a list of "background catagories", choose one that you like. Underneath the background it will give you step-by-step on how to apply it to your blog. Note, when it says to copy the code it is refering to everything under "it's that easy!" Before you can do this you need to change your template to "Minima" you do that by signing in and going to your dash board. From there, at the top middle you need to click on "Pick a new Template" Minima is the first choice on the first sample blog. Select it and save. Then, go back to your "Add and Arrange Page" and follow the steps they give you. Also, when you get to the Add and Arrange page elements page, it says to click on "Add a page element" you really need to click on "Add a Gadget" then paste the entire code in "Content". I know it sounds complicated and confusing, but once you start doing it will make sense and it is really easy. Let me know if that doesn't work for you and maybe I can simplify it a little more. Have fun!!!
Em

Emily said...

Ok, one more thing. When you sign in you need to go to "customize" to get to your dashboard. I wasn't sure if you knew that.

allison said...

Hey Mrs. Eardley (Yes, I don't think I'll ever be able to call you anything else!) I noticed your blogs on Emily's and just had to take a sneak peek! I am so impressed with you running a 1/2 marathon, I have always wanted to run a full one, but a 1/2 one i think would do the job too. Who knows if I'll ever make it, hopefully you can be my inspiration! Hope you're doing well!