Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Memories

Time passes quickly. It has been a year since Matt and I returned from our trip to Ecuador and Peru. It seems like everyday that I think back on a memory. I wrote Matt a book for Christmas based on the journal entries I made on the trip. Here is the last entry.
"The journey not the arrival matters."
5 DVD of video, 7 motels, 11 airplane flights, 16 days of travel, hundreds of dollars, 843 photos, and 1000’s of miles later our journey to South America ended. Our trip has come to an end but our memories will be with us forever. Memories of cultural differences, beautiful golden sand beaches, tall majestic mountains, interesting wildlife, Inca ruins, and new friends. But best all, memories shared together, Matt and I. Memories that we can always look back on for the rest of our lives. In time the photos will lose their color, the souvenirs will be forgotten, and the details of our journey will fade. But in our hearts we will always remember the time when we “Walked in the Footsteps of Darwin” and lived our “Galapagos Dream”.
“Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played over and over in the quiet chambers of your mind." *Benjamin Isrealia

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Yay! I found the Eardley Blog! I am glad to see everyone is doing great. Congrats to Timmy! That is awesome.

Randy , Haley and Tyler said...

I have been wanting to get a hold of Cody for the longest time! I am glad that I found your blog. Can you send me a way to get in touch with him.
THANKS, Haley

Anonymous said...

I am ready for an update. What is going on with you guys???