Thursday, April 24, 2008

Machu Picchu


Hello everybody. I decided to start a blog to share some of our South American adventures. We are not the most exciting family in the world but we are definitely spread around the world. Matt and I traveled to South America (Ecuador, Galapagos Islands, Peru) for most of the month of March, Tim is still serving his mission in Northern Peru, and Cody and Stephanie will be leaving at the end of May to do humanitarian work in El Salvador.



This is my first try at a blog. I hope I can really get it working. The picture I am including in this first attempt is Matt and I at Machu Picchu. We really loved the majestic mountains and raging river of Machu Picchu. It was incredible feeling to be walking the same paths as the ancient Inca culture. There is definitely no other place like it on earth. I can see why Machu Picchu was named as one of the “New” Seven Wonders of the World.

4 comments:

Leacayoungart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Youngfamily said...

I am so jealous. It is my dream to go there someday. I bet it was amazing.

I am so glad you started a blog. Hopefully more people in our family start one. I think it is a great way to keep up with everyone.

Leacayoungart said...

We want more!!!!!!
=)

Love,
Kel and Leaca

Unknown said...

Hey Matt, This is your old friend Chris Cressall. Nice Pic. You guys are great.

Email me at ccressall@comcast.net